Some of the issues that require consideration:
- How do you maintain wage scale relativity?
- If you already pay above the new minimum in 2018, what should you be doing in 2019 and 2020?
- If you flatten your pay curve at the bottom, how will this affect the supervisors and middle management pay scales?
- Are we likely to see increased staff turnover as employees chase top dollar?
- Should you stay at the new statuary minimums and consider one-off bonuses?
- What if your company has a stated philosophy of not being a minimum wage employer and you can’t afford to comply with this given the new minimum wage regime?
- How can you off-sett labour cost increases?