Negotiating With Employees and Unions
2 day workshop
28-29 June 2022
For inhouse training of five or more participants more competitive pricing is available.
A 2-day workshop on how to negotiate with employees and unions in the current economic and socio-political environment.
Who Should Attend
- All levels of management, from all disciplines, that require a detailed and practical overview of current CA negotiations in New Zealand
- Those responsible for planning and preparing the organisation for upcoming CA negotiations
- First time CA negotiators
- An organisation’s nominated negotiating team, to review their planning, business case, approach, strategy and tactics before going live
COVID disruptions have added new procedural and strategic demands to bargaining. wage settlements are currently on a steep upward trend.
If you are looking for the most current information to get your company ready for upcoming bargaining, then this workshop is a must attend. It shows you how to plan, cost and design a strategy that allows you to deliver this in the shortest time possible.
Experienced and practicing negotiators, answer all your questions and share the Adelhelm formula for achieving success. This workshop is a practical, step by step guide for business, HR and Operations professionals requiring a better negotiating experience in the current economic disruptive ER scene.
We show you how to build your own fit for purpose strategy and business case, how to conduct and finalise the negotiations and then how to implement the new CA.
Includes a confidential analysis of your negotiating style and how to balance your team.
Our practical negotiating methods takes your team to a higher level and results in quality agreements, improved employee/management relationships and better overall work culture.
Key topics covered
- An in-depth analysis and overview of the current CA negotiating environment in New Zealand, including the impact of COVID on bargaining rituals, individual behaviours and claims.
- Assess risks, opportunities, and strategic options
- Realistic costing based on current affordability.
- Deciding on the best person in your organisation to lead negotiations
- Understanding the new negotiating rituals and how to use them to your advantage
- A detailed overview of current negotiating tactics used by unions and how to counter these
- How to adjust your bargaining style to ensure you retain control of the communications at the bargaining table
- A comprehensive outline of the process and method for planning, costing and preparing a detailed business case
- How to get your collective finalised and ratified – quickly
- The opportunity to apply and review new and different negotiating techniques
Please note: the workshop program may be subject to minor content changes
- Overview of the current bargaining scene
- How to develop a detailed business case which ensures a common clarity of purpose
- Understanding the interactive structure for the opening phase of bargaining
- The bargaining encounter
- The end and settlement
- Practical bargaining- what really happens?