ER Skills for Frontline Managers and Supervisors
1 day workshop
For inhouse training of four or more participants more competitive pricing is available.
The program for supervisors and frontline managers that equips them with the day-to-day workplace and industrial skills and understating of strategy. The program focusses on improving outcomes in people and union management.
Who Should Attend
- Frontline Managers
- Team Leaders
- Shift Leaders.
Frontline Managers and Supervisors are the key relationship-builders in most organisations. They deal with employees on an ongoing day-to-day basis and have individual and team relationships these positive or negative. Frontline managers and supervisors have a significant influence on employee morale, individual worker attitude, productivity and employment relations.
The secret to a harmonious workplace good employment relations is capable frontline managers and supervisors who understand the different components that influence employee attitudes and behaviours.
This workshop is presented in-house only and is suitable for both unionised and non-unionised workplaces.
Conflict, Recognition, Performance, Productivity & Discipline
- Lead, communicate and influence
- Recognising the causes of conflict
- Understanding the power of praise and recognition
- Handling the poor work performer
- How attitude and behaviour effects productivity
- The informal and formal approach to performance management + discipline
- Dealing with stress + mental health issues
Essential ER – managing employees & unions in the workplace
- Understanding how unions function
- The role of the Supervisor/Frontline Manager in establishing an ER culture
- Good communications and effectively managing employee representatives and/or delegates
- CA negotiations and how this process impacts on the Supervisor/Frontline manager
Please note: the workshop program may be subject to minor content changes
We allocate ‘live’ projects to teams of supervisors (based on current organisational issues).
We then follow-up four to six weeks after the workshop and discuss the projects with each team. Duration of follow-up takes approximately two hours.
This action creates a sense of Supervisor/Frontline Manager ownership in resolving real problems, resulting in practical and lasting solutions.
The two modules can either be presented as a one-day session or separately on a half day basis each.
- $2,900 + GST – for each four hour module up to 10 attendees
- $4.950 + GST – for a one day session covering both modules with up to 10 attendees
- Optional: After workshop project $350 per hour