Conducting CA Negotiations: How to communicate, influence and adapt at the bargaining table
Increasing Union activity? Collective Agreement negotiations coming up?
Avoid the current bargaining table battleground and potential strike fallout.
Reaching agreement with employees and unions does not need to be hard!
- An in-depth understanding of the distinct bargaining styles used in employee/union/management negotiations
- Become aware of one's own unique bargaining style and how best to use this to gain leverage in negotiations
- Maintain control at the bargaining table by adjusting one's style
- Tuning into the other parties bargaining style and thereby creating a pathway for reaching agreement
- The appropriate use of verbal and non-verbal messaging and how this can enhance the bargaining narrative
- Understanding the current union priorities and how to respond to these
The Lead Negotiator
- The new skills required for leading the management negotiation team in 2019
- Why it's best to follow a structured yet flexible approach
- Techniques for managing internal organizational politics during CA negotiations
- Essential tips for communications in periods of turbulence
- Recognising the tactics used by unions and how best to respond
- How to start the shift from positional, hostile bargaining to more engaging, common issues focus
- How to engage constructively with union/employee negotiators
- Understand union negotiators correctly when presenting or responding to their claims
Who Should Attend
- All managers who are directly involved in discussions at the bargaining table. This can include HR, Operations, Service Managers and IR/ER specialists
- Newly appointed or recently promoted persons, nominated to lead or actively participate in upcoming EA negotiations
- Operations & Line persons managing groups of people in highly unionised organisations, with a history of difficult and/or drawn out CA negotiations
- Senior Executives or Business owners managing unionised businesses
“I found the workshop well-paced, informative and I would recommend it to those involved in Negotiating with Unions."
Jenny van Workum, HR Manager, Nelson Forests
“Great workshop that will help me immensely in my role as a company representative in Union negotiations. Everyone involved in negotiations should do this.”
Craig Adams, Auckland S&W Manager, T&G Global
“Great workshop, enjoyed the role plays as they gave great understanding of what to expect”
Tracy Goss, General Manager, Kaituna Sawmill
Can’t see what you want? Contact the team to discuss a fully-customised in-house training option.