2022 ER Strategy & Negotiators' Toolkit
A hard-hitting economic and socio/political trend analysis for 2022 collective bargaining. We will analyse the issues which are likely to influence private & public sector union negotiations in 2022
Business owners, managers and HR professionals who are involved with employee and union matters and agreement negotiations should view this strategy and information session as essential preparation and planning for 2022
This workshop is a morning session running from 9:00am -12:30pm.Register For Workshop
We cover the following (and more!):
- The % target for various sectors – whilst the range will be between 0% - 5%, the overall average is likely to be around 2.5%. We discuss the factors causing the rise and fall.
- The Living Wage – has become a key focus for all unions. Why you need to do your homework and have absolute clarity regarding cost and social implications. Wage compression is a further costly problem.
- The new starting wage – what is this and how do you calculate it for your business?
- Overview of macro factors which influence growth or decline of various business & industrial sectors, including local and global economic data, Business Confidence Index and Labour Supply – what will put pressure on your business in 2021? The unions will be comparing and cherry-picking which requires detailed analysis and research for employers.
Political & Social
- Impact of a Labour Government on business and unions – what will the government deliver? What will change in ER and collective bargaining?
- The housing affordability and pressure on wages – escalating unaffordability which impacts on labour supply. Why employers need to lobby central government before unions start demanding subsidies for their members.
- Fair Pay Agreements - What’s the latest on this? Where will we see the first FPA in the private sector?
- Campaigns – what new social and employment issues will the unions be driving? How vulnerable are you?
- Strike activity is picking up – we discuss new developments and why some employers will be targeted in 2021.
- Membership stats – union growth is up. Why the COVID pandemic has triggered a new interest in unions. Who is up and who is down.
- Growing support and protection for casuals, temps and migrant employees – what’s the latest and why employers need to be very aware of what’s happening.
Strategic ER issues facing employers:
- Sustainable employers and ethical supply chains are growing pressure points for business, employers and unions – post-Covid climate change is back on the agenda. Employers, unions and central government all have a role to play. What are the risks & benefits?
- Strategic striking and exposure of unethical employers who have misused the wage subsidies
- A collaborative workplace culture the essential steps – we discuss the benefits and where you need to start.
- One-off bonus payments for improved productivity and relationships – a simple yet very effective tool for building loyalty & trust.
- One consolidated Collective Agreement vs. numerous separate agreements – what are the strategic risks and benefits. The unions remain focused on single CA’s across companies.
- Wage scales and an integrated wage curve for prevention of labour cost blow out – how do you fix what you currently have?
And any other matters raised prior to or during the session. Please feel free to contact us with anything additional that you would like considered prior to the session.
Can’t see what you want? Contact the team to discuss a fully-customised in-house training option.