We will cover the following
- Understanding the main negotiating styles, and how they impact on the flow of bargaining
- An awareness of your own negotiating style
- A technique for adjusting your negotiating style to gain additional leverage
- The verbal and non-verbal messaging and when to respond to them
- Understanding the new union negotiation approach
- The three management behaviours which sink any negotiations
The Organisation's Lead Negotiator:
- The essential & special skills needed
- What a structured yet flexible negotiating approach looks like?
- Managing divergent interest groups within an organisation
- The art of communicating with executive during negotiations
- Union tactics used in 2017, how to respond at the negotiating table
- How to move away from positional, tactical game-playing
- The 3 tactics management must never use
- Collaborating with the new breed of union negotiator
- The cues and signals experienced union negotiators send for settlement
- Dealing with reasonable yet demanding negotiators
- Working with inexperienced negotiators
Who should Attend
- Persons who have already attended our 2-day general CA negotiations workshop and now require advanced bargaining skills.
- HR Executives and General Managers, Operations Managers, Managers or Advisers who have negotiated CA’s in the past and require a refresher or in-depth bargaining skills.
- Persons who require a thorough understanding of CA bargaining & communication interactions.
This Workshop will make you
- A better and more relaxed, all-round negotiator
- Able to handle difficult individuals
- Stay in control of the verbal exchanges at the negotiating table
- Know how and when to respond to union tactics
- Achieve a realistic and more flexible CA agreement which works for the whole organisation